How your pediatricians in Poway, CA, can help when your child has ADHD
Does your child have difficulty paying attention? Does your child frequently lose things? If so, these may not be normal behavioral traits. They could be a sign of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, also known as ADHD. Your pediatrician is an expert at diagnosing and treating ADHD.
Dr. Nathan Rendler and Dr. Kuangkai Tai at Valle Verde Pediatrics in Poway, CA, provide comprehensive medical care for children, including treatment for ADHD.
So, what can happen when your child has ADHD? You might notice that your child is:
- Not able to sit still for a period of time
- Frequently squirming around and fidgeting
- Unable to get and to stay organized
- Frequently forgetting or losing things
- Having problems listening and paying attention
- Unable to focus and concentrate
- Often talking excessively
- Climbing or running at inappropriate times
So, why does your child need to be treated for ADHD? Because untreated ADHD can lead to significant problems which can continue when your child becomes an adult. Untreated ADHD can result in:
- Doing poorly in school due to learning issues
- Having trouble in relationships and friendships
- Doing poorly at work due to inability to focus
- Anxiety, mood swings, and depression
- Sleep disorders and insomnia
Your pediatrician can diagnose and treat ADHD using several different methods, including:
Medications to improve brain function and ability to focus. Typical medications for ADHD include Adderall or Ritalin.
Behavioral techniques to improve impulse control and limit inappropriate behaviors.
Dietary modifications including decreasing sugar intake.
Lifestyle modifications including increasing activity and exercise.
If your child is showing some of the signs and symptoms of ADHD, don’t ignore it. Your pediatrician can help your child manage ADHD and do well.
To find out more about the diagnosis and treatment of ADHD, call Dr. Nathan Rendler and Dr. Kuangkai Tai at Valle Verde Pediatrics in Poway, CA. You can reach them in the office by calling (858) 487-8333, so call today.